Thursday, January 10, 2013

Those few words ....

Anyone that has answered the phone as a dispatcher can tell you what word or phrase will usually get their eyes rolling. Come on, admit it! You've done it how many times during your shift today? At least half a dozen, I am sure!

Let's see .. what are my all time top eye-rollers?

1. "There's this black guy that is walking his dog down the street. I think it is suspicious because I've never seen him before". "Uhm Ma'am.. that is your next door neighbor."
    
2. Fireworks .. 'nuff said!

3. "This isn't an emergency, but .... "

4. My baby daddy/baby momma ..

5. Fireworks!

6. "I don't know my boyfriend/girlfriends last name. I've only been dating them for six months.

7.  "I just watched this guy beat up my friend!"
     "What did they look like?"
     "I don't know, I don't know him!"
     "You saw this person, right?"
     "Yah"
     "Okay, how tall were they?"
     "I don't know, I don't know him."
     "What race were they?"
     "I don't know, I don't know them!"
     "Okay, I just want to make sure I understand you. You saw the person that beat up your friend"     
     "Yes". "
     "Okay, Where they white, black, hispanic, pink, purple?" I told you, I don't know the guy."

 ~~Yes, an actual call taken by yours truly! I had bypassed the eye rolling and was going straight to pulling my hair out by the end of the call !!

8. Fireworks!!!!!  (Are you sensing a theme here?)

We all have them .. Feel free to share yours!


No comments:

Post a Comment